So, everyone does these lists of things they want to do by a certain time, right? Sometimes it is okay to jump on the bandwagon! The new year is a day away, and I have been thinking about the goals I want to accomplish and just some fun things I’ve wanted to say yes to for a while. We celebrated my dad’s life and mourned his death in Washington this week, and it was a reminder that life is too short for us to ever hold back. So, without further ado, here are 18 things I want to do in 2018!
1. Write my first book (with my mom!)
2. Apply and get in to a PhD program
3. Choreograph my first school musical
4. Travel somewhere I’ve never been
5. Present at an academic conference
6. Send more thank you notes
7. Cosplay at a convention
8. Write in my Passion Planner all year
9. Cook something from my Harry Potter cookbook
10. Use Groupon when we don’t know where to go for our date
11. Try at least one no-spend weekend
12. Improve my Spanish
13. Go on a romantic getaway with the Hubby
14. Go to at least 3 restaurants on my Chowdown Countdown list
15. Maintain a regular exercise schedule
16. Learn a new skill
17. Attend a formal event
18. Host a tea at Inspirations Tea Room
Some of these are little pleasures in life, while others are milestones. Y’all should always follow your goals and dreams, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to others (like my obsession with food tours of America and tea parties). I am excited to complete this list, starting as soon as tomorrow! Here’s to going out with a bang tonight and starting fresh tomorrow for a brand new year! You never know when life will end, so you might as well live it on your terms and do what you know you are capable of! I am excited to share more about the things I cross off the list!
This is my excited face! 😛
Comment and let me know what you want to accomplish in 2018!
See you next year! 😉